India Pilgrimage 2013
The Footsteps of the Buddha and Tour of Northern India
Delhi Bodhgaya Varanasi Sarnath Kushinagar Dehra Dun Rishikesh Haridwar
Spiritual Program with Lama Gursam: Shamata and vipassana meditation, walking meditation, mahamudra teachings, refuge vows, bodhisattva vows, and White Tara empowerment in Dehra Dun. Audiences with other spiritual masters as possible.
All luxury accommodations and vehicles. Tour limited to 20 pilgrims only. Inclusive of all spiritual programs, twin sharing accommodations, and train / bus / flight transfers within India. 1820 USD (Single supplement accommodation also available upon request)
Daily Pilgrimage Itinerary
Day 1 (Feb 23) ~ Evening arrival in Delhi and transfer to hotel in Old Delhi
Day 2 (Feb 24) ~ Tour of Delhi: India Gate Rajpath and the Majestic Red Fort (UNESCO heritage sight of Old Delhi) and temple Tibetan settlement. Fine Dining in New Delhi
Day 3 (Feb 25) ~ Flight to Bodhgaya and transfer to Hotel Dharmakirti
Day 4 (Feb 26) ~ Tour of Bodhgaya, the place of Lord Shakyamuni's enlightenment and Mahaboudha Stupa
Day 5 (Feb 27) ~ Prayers, Meditation and teachings under the historic Bodhi tree
Day 6 (Feb 28) ~ Day trip to Rajgrir, Vultures Peak and the historic Nalanda University
Day 7 (Mar 1) ~ Individual Practice under the Bodhi tree
Day 8 (Mar 2) ~ Early morning departure to Sarnath. Tour of the place where Buddha taught the Four Noble Truths and the Tibetan University of Higher Studies. Transfer to hotel in Varasansi
Day 9 (Mar 3) ~ Ganges early morning boat ride and ghats. Practice upon the banks of the Ganges. Tour of temples and evening Fire Puja ceremony
Day 10 (Mar 4) ~ Arrive in Kushinagar and visit the sight of the Buddha's Parinirvana
Day 12 (Mar 6) ~ Arrive in Dehra Dun, transfer to Clementown Tibetan Settlement at the Stupa of Buddha's Descent
Day 13 (Mar 7) ~ Tour of Drikung Kagyu Monastery and Library, Sahastra Dhara River, Dekyi Ling Tibetan Settlement, Sakya Trizin's Monastery
Day 14 (Mar 8) ~ Depart in morning to Rishikesh to attend evening Fire Puja
Day 15 (Mar 9) ~ Practice on the Ganges in the high Himalayas (option for yoga class or to travel to Haridwar for a day trip)
Day 16 (Mar 10) ~ Depart in AM to Delhi for evening flight departure or transfer to hotel
- Comfortable and very clean, air conditioned/accommodations on twin bed one room sharing basis at luxury hotels.
- All arrival-departure/transfers and land transportation on luxury air conditioned buses, as per the/itinerary.
- Sightseeing and assistance provided by two English speaking/guides.
- Meditation and teaching sessions with Yogi Lama Gursam and the/Ganges boat cruise.
- Tips for porters and drivers.
You will need to provide:
- Your round trip airfare from JFK to and from Delhi, India on the group flight or your solo airfare from your city.
- Your tourist visa application fee to your nearest Indian Consulate by priority mail.
- The meals of your choice at the chosen hotel. (approx. $15—20 per day)
- Travel insurance.
- Monument fees (Approx $35)
- Heart offerings to Yogi Lama Gursam and Lama Jamdor
will be happy to help with any questions and plans regarding the pilgrimage tour.